Kenneth Rojc is the Managing Partner of Nisen & Elliott, LLC's Automotive Finance Group, one of the nation's leading auto finance legal practices. The team of attorneys and paralegals in the Automotive Finance Group represents national banks, captive finance companies and independent lenders in connection with all facets of motor vehicle retail finance, lease and loan transactions. Mr. Rojc has been actively involved with federal and state regulators, including matters with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on the auto finance front. He is a member of the Legal Committee of the Association of Consumer Motor Vehicle Lessors and a regular contributor to the American Bar Association publication, The Business Lawyer. Mr. Rojc also has been a featured speaker at the CBA Live and Auto Finance Summit conferences.
Mr. Rojc has been extensively involved with the following projects:
- Guidance on state and federal pandemic regulations that impact auto finance originations, servicing, collections and repossessions.
- Development of national subscription – lease programs for captive finance companies and identification of regulatory issues that impact such programs.
- Creation of customized closed-end and open-end leases for clients in both the consumer and commercial leasing arenas.
- Assisting clients with all facets of federal and state regulatory examinations.
- Updating of dealer agreements in the context of motor vehicle retail installment sale and lease transactions.
- Comprehensive reviews of compliance policies including ECOA, FCRA, FDCPA, OFAC and AML.
- Guidance and assistance on fair lending program audits and reviews: CFPB, FDIC and state regulators.
- Creation of customized inventory finance documents for motor vehicle and powersports clients.
- Creation of customized loan documentation for direct lending platforms.
- Identification of compliance risks in connection with the ancillary products including: GAP waivers, service contracts, vehicle protection products, theft prevention products and excess wear waivers.
- Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Illinois, B.A., 1977, with distinction